- Home /
- St John Street At Work
Hello and welcome to our series St John Street At Work!
From Angel all the way down to Smithfield, St John Street is packed with people at work, in dozens of different businesses. On this page we will, over the course of the next few weeks, try to introduce you to the local shops, pubs and restaurants in the area.
On the map below, we will add new profiles every week. Every link will lead you to an individual article, adding a bit of background and history to one of the independent businesses that give St John Street its character.
For updates, follow us on Twitter @stjohnstreet and Facebook and check back here for new content. We would love to hear suggestions for places to feature, whether your own or someone else’s workplace: please email email@example.com.
- Old Red Lion: Theatre and an ‘old-style English boozer’ (418 St John Street)
- Turner & George: The new butcher’s on the block (399 St John Street)
- Jeff & George: Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Coffee (397 St John Street)
- The Blacksmith & The Toffeemaker: Tradition with a makeover (292 St John Street)
- Finsbury Library: Borrowing books 21st century style (245 St John Street)
- The Peasant: Weddings and historical mosaics (240 St John Street)
- Into You: Getting inked in Clerkenwell (144 St John Street)
- Kurz & Lang: Why bratwurst is more than just a sausage (1 St John Street)